December 7th | 7 pm
532 Poplar Way
707-953-0060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Greta if you have someone who you think would like to receive a care package.
Mission: An opportunity to let college students & military young people far and near know we love and pray for them. These are young adults that who are away from home, working hard at where God has them.
Why: First Baptist Church* wants to be intentional about caring for our young people and letting them know that we’re their family. Sending them a baked goods care package quarterly from the whole church body lets them know they are loved and welcome back with us anytime they are in the area. It also reminds them that no matter where they are they are a part of this community and the body of Christ! One of the biggest requests we get from young people is to pray for them.
*The ministry is NOT part of the church budget.
If you can attend:
If you can attend:
- Come on the first Monday of each quarter at 7pm. Takes about an hour. If you are not comfortable coming you can drop off goods and we are happy to disperse it. First date is set, October 5th. Not sure about tentative dates as some schools may not have classes between Thanksgiving and Christmas but we can discuss that. Subject to change.
- Please make approximately two dozen treats for the students. Put them in approx. 24 INDIVIDUAL BAGGIES. Baked items are the best as that gives them the warm and fuzzies!! However, if you have a time crunch or just can’t bake, tea, hot chocolate, popcorn or other snacks work ok too. The boxes we ship are approximately 12 x 13 x 4.
- Most students like the yummy comfort food we send them, but healthy baked items and snacks are a nice balance.
- I will e-mail and evite all participants with a reminder and approximate count of boxes being shipped that quarter a couple days before the date. It is helpful to answer back to all, before the event on either or both as to attending and/or items you are baking. It helps others know how much to bring and I decorate the boxes in advance to save time.
- DIVIDE your baked goods into individual bags so they can be divided among the boxes.
- We start at 7pm sharp. Bring a check or cash for $15.05 for shipping. Donations are welcome as this is not a funded event. I supply the box, scripture, (decorate it) a card you can write to your student and usually have packing or tissue so the cookies don’t crumble!! If I know you are coming (because I pay in advance and decorate the boxes) I will print a shipping label and ship it for you. Otherwise, you can take the box and ship yourself.
- You are welcome to send your student any specific items for just them in your box. FYI
- When we complete the boxes, we pray for the students whether you attend or not. I send a student list out so you can keep them in your prayers through-out the year. If your student has any specific prayers or needs and you can’t attend let me know in advance and we will pray specifically.
If you can't attend:
- Same as above. Let me know before the event date and drop off/mail cash or check for $15.05 for shipping.
- If you still want to bake or donate goods just drop them off at my house before 7pm on event day. Any treats are appreciated.
- We will write a note to your student and pray for them.