Exalting Christ, Equipping the Church, Evangelizing the World
To display the joy, holiness, unity, and love that Jesus prayed His church would exhibit (John 17)
To Exalt Christ, Equip believers, and Evangelize the lost.
Statement of Faith:
1. The Holy Scriptures – We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the plenary verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writing, infallible and Godbreathed. (II Tim. 3:16,17; II Peter 1:16, 21; Matt. 5:18; John 16:12,13).
2. The True God – We believe there is one, and only one, living and true God, an infinite, intelligent Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth, inexpressibly glorious in holiness and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love, that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. (Ex. 20:2-3; I Cor. 8:6; Rev. 4:11; Matt. 3:13-17; Matt. 28:19).
3. Deity – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God. We believe in His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death; His physical resurrection; His bodily ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His visible, personal return to the earth to reign. (Isaiah 53:6; John 20:28; Luke 24:36-43; Acts 1:9-11; II Cor 5:21; Isaiah 9:6, I Cor. 15:3; I Peter 2:24; Luke 24:36-43; Matt. 25:31; Phil. 2:6-7; Mark 16:19).
4. Holy Spirit – We believe in the Deity and personality of the Holy Spirit, that He convicts of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He is the agent in the new birth; that He seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies, and helps the believer. (John 14:6, 17, 26; Matt. 28:19; Luke 1:35; Gen. 1:1-3; John 1:33; Acts 11:16; Luke 24:49; Rom. 8:8,14,16, 26-27; Eph, 1:13; John 16:7-15).
5. Satan – We believe in the reality and personality of Satan, the author of sin and the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire. (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11, 25-41; Rev. 20:10; I Peter 5:8-9; Ezekiel 28:13-14).
6. The Creation – We accept the Genesis account of creation and believe that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution. (Gen. 1 and 2; Col. 1:16-17; John 1:3).
7. Depravity of Man – We believe that men and women are created equal in the image and likeness of God, in complementary roles, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally depraved, and of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23, 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3, 12).
8. Atonement for Sin – We believe that men are justified on the single ground of God's grace received only through faith in the shed blood of Christ and His finished work on the cross. (Rom. 5:1-25; Eph. 2:8-9; Heb. 9:22; Gal. 2:16).
9. Eternal Security – We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (John 6:27-40, 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; I Cor. 1:4-8; I Peter 1:5; Eph. 4:30).
We further believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh. (Rom. 13:13, 14; Gal. 5:13; Titus 2:11-15).
10. Resurrection – We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the conscious and endless punishment of the unsaved, and the conscious and endless blessedness of the saved. (John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:5-6, 12-15).
11. Second Coming of Christ – We believe in the second coming of Christ; that His return from Heaven will be personal, visible, and glorious, the time being unrevealed but always imminent (John 14:3; Acts 1:11; I Thes. 4:16-17; Rev. 20).
12. Separation of Church and State – We believe in the separation of Church and State. We believe that civil government is of divine appointment, and that governors of states and nations should be obeyed when the laws they seek to enforce are not in conflict with the Bible. (Rom. 13:1-7; Matt. 22:21; Acts 4:19-20).
13. The Church – We believe that the Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born again persons of this present age. (Eph. 1:22-23, 5:25-27; I Cor. 12:12-14).
We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Acts 14:27, 20:17, 28-32; I Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11).
14. Human Sexuality
A. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Genesis 2:24; Genesis 19:5 13; Genesis 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4.
B. We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23).
C. We believe men and women are equal in the sight of God with complementary roles in the church and at home. (Genesis 1:26-27; Ephesians 5:22-33; 1 Timothy 2:9-3:16)
A. Baptism – As a witness of faith from an experience of salvation, but not in any way as a means of salvation. (Rom. 6:3-5; I Peter 3:21; Matt. 3:13, 28:18-20; Acts 2:42-44).
B. The Lord’s Supper – We believe that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes, and should be preceded always by solemn self-examination. (I Cor. 11:23-28).